Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sometimes it catches up to me

Well, I have to admit
Sometimes I feel like I’m too young
To have to deal with all this shit,
But here’s the song I’ve sung:
I won’t say it isn’t fair,
Because clearly it’s been an opportunity
To become aware
Of how all this has helped to form me.
From going through chemo and radiation twice
To endless occupational therapy
I’d say it would suffice
To say I’m tired, I’m beat up, but I’m free.
I’ve discovered who I am;
I’ve been given a gift;
I’ve passed the exam;
My life has taken a shift.
I always like to joke
That I’m 27 living in an 80 year old body
And when I croak
At least I won’t look so shoddy.
But people don’t seem to like that,
Not that I really care…
I will always be Matt,
Of that I’m fully aware.
I don’t take life too seriously,
I love to keep things light,
I don’t live mysteriously,
Everything is in plain sight.
Sometimes I will be blunt,
Harsh, forward, shameless.
But I always confront
That my intentions aren’t aimless.
So as you can see,
It isn’t always easy,
Sometimes it catches up to me,
But from life I do not flee.

No comments:

Post a Comment