Monday, January 24, 2011

An extra day of "Rest"

Well today was supposed to be a repeat of trifecta treatment today, but the docs had a few extra concerns that shortened it to just double poison, sans radiation. The good news from this minor "irritant" as it may be called is that I know my doctors are certainly working in my best interest and making sure everything in my brain is still doing ok. I had to get a CT Scan to check out the blood flow and a few other details inside the noggin, and everything looked relatively fine (all things considered I suppose accounting for the wrecking balls, flying daggers and oil spills being constantly thrown at it). The end of this story is I get to sleep in my bed tonight instead of a hotel, which makes me happy.

I see my neurologist for a follow-up appointment in the morning... so far only 2 seizures this year (it's was 52 total last year so definitely an improvement - though the rest of treatment has potential to change things up a bit... let's stay with reality for now). Also I continue with Occupational Therapy at Bloomington Rebound, which has done a phenomenal job in tandem with the team at Cincinnati Children's I saw prior (and perhaps a tidbit input from myself - I'll pat myself on the back) in increasing my overall muscle range of motion and in almost eliminating muscular tone in my hand (as a consequence it is slightly weaker, but eventually the strength will return).

Anyhow, tonight's update is again in gratitude to my family, especially my brother, mother and father for providing me safe (albeit occasionally aggravating) transportation to Bloomington to get the blob blasted, and to other places as needed. I thank my good friend Nick for providing me with revitalizing massages the past two weekends (I'd recommend that not only all cancer patients, , but everyone receive these). I thank my good friend Andrew for always being there to talk over coffee or anything else. And of course, I thank you all for your continued support and prayers and would like to also ask for some prayers for some good friends of mine who are also going through some tough times of their own. It seems we all have some sort of cross to bear, and I will without a doubt say that each is in equal need of your prayers and support as I am. I wish you all the best.

One final thought: Congratulations to a good friend who I'm not sure if he would be comfortable with his name being shared, remission accomplished after just a short few months of treatment... an absolutely amazing recovery!

2 comments:

  1. Matt,
    Thanks for thinking of me. It was good to see you at dinner, hope we can do it again soon. I have no problem with using my name. Cancer is now part of my life.
    Lyle

    PS I'll be wearing your sweatshirt on the flight tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, you're awesome. Keep on fighting. We miss you here in the 'Burgh!!!

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete