Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just a note about one daily struggle

Sleep is still fighting me
But I'm not going without dreams
It's a battle constantly
Trying to hear the soothing streams
Of water ripping through rapids
Or wind unsettling leaves
Sometimes I feel trapped
But I still believe
That I will be fine
Even through this fight
Victory will be mine
And my mind will defeat the night.

I hope you don't find this to be too disconcerting. I find that writing occasionally soothes my busy mind, and I thought I'd share a bit. Hopefully it will put me at ease for a bit and afford me some more healing rest
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. Always the fighter my friend!

    Keep writing, esp if it helps you. I always read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with James. Do what helps you get through this. If someone doesn't like it then they can stop reading, but I'll definitely keep reading! Love you Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing Matt. Your writing is an insight to your inner being. And I am honored to be part.

    ReplyDelete