Monday, January 10, 2011

Motivation

Spoke with a demon last night;
Tried to talk me down.
Said it isn't worth the fight,
Said that I would drown
No matter what I try to do.
It tried to sound sincere,
Its despicable grin grew.
With eyes full of delight,
Said I had nothing to fear
If I went with it tonight.

Asked what's my motivation,
I couldn't find the reply;
Thought about God's creation.
Then I looked the demon in its eyes
Darkened with black fire,
And I said that I despise
The request that I retire.
But it didn't give in;
Said it's not worth living,
That my life's been full of sin,
That God was unforgiving.

I called the bluff;
I know that life at times is dreary
But I haven't had enough,
And I'm still not weary.
I pushed the demon away
As I said that I'm staying here;
I will not be led astray;
I will not fear.
My life is incomplete
Without winning this war.
I was placed here to defeat
This stubborn tumor,
To show people the way,
To tell people not to quit.
I'm just writing to say,
That demon's full of shit.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

4 comments:

  1. Even I understand and enjoy this one

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your picasso album...awesome pictures. You are totally the coolest person i've ever met....so glad to know you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend. Its Plush. Thank you for sharing your experiences and talent. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete