Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Bit "Jacked Up"

It's almost 4 in the morning and I can't sleep,
One day at a time was the pace I planned to keep;
But now the radiation count is down to three,
And from then on I'm at God's mercy.

I have yet to say a prayer for myself,
But I have been fully focused on my health.
I feel that the job is not just divine,
But instead I've been given the resources to do mine.

And I know that I've been sent help from above,
From people I know and don't know sending their support and love.
My heart is full of undying gratitude;
You've helped me maintain my positive and optimistic attitude.

This blob in my head will soon be beat,
My mantra is to repeat
That no matter what happens in the end
I took advantage of the resources that God did lend.

My spirit is stronger than ever,
I've made a contract I cannot sever.
I'll continue to fight, I'll finish my part,
I haven't wasted a beat of my heart.

These obstacles were placed in my life to change me,
To make me the best person that I can be.
They've given me the opportunity
To celebrate life and all its beauty.

I'm sending this message to all of you
That there is nothing that you can't do;
If you give it your all, and still you fail,
It's a victory because you've left a trail.

Beaten down by the trifecta of tumor destruction,
I've stood myself up to conquer this cranial corruption.
Poisons and protons brutally beat at my brain,
Yet still I maintain.

Ready to finish this out, just three more days
A battle of endurance, a mental maze.
My body is stuck in a drug-induced haze,
But my mind is unclouded and through clear eyes I gaze

At the demon that once tried to take me down,
That tried to convince me I couldn't win this fight.
To that evil thought dressed in an appealing gown,
I'll have to pass, push away with all my might.

I will be fine.
My life will be mine.
And when it's time to resign,
I will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. So apparently you weren't relaxed enough after our session.. I blame myself I'll just have to do better next week, hopefully you're still feeling loosened up, keep stretching and touching your toes.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this! What talent you have.

    ReplyDelete