Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Every year I go easy on myself and resolve to simply get better, and this year is no different. Amidst this seemingly endless battle with cancer and insomnia (both of which have been being relatively unsuccessfully treated for quite some time now), I remain resolute and optimistic that my health will get better, as long as I continue to do my part.

It is becoming more difficult to maintain the pace of daily occupational therapy, but I still make sure to knock out at least half my list of (currently) 54 activities (some of which I intentionally do only every other day). I'm currently wearing the new splint which is gradually working the muscular tone out of my hand (it not longer unconsciously balls up into a fist, which is pretty awesome), but consequently the stretched muscles are becoming a bit weaker,which is all the more motivation to keep working them daily.

This journey will become even more tiresome, as on Monday I will be starting 21 straight days of chemo (Temodar - aka temozolomide) on top of the Avastin (aka bevacizumab, which sounds cooler than Avastin), and of course the radiation will continue (rounds 12-16 this week! - ends just short of the halfway point). But, tired as I will undoubtedly get, I must continue to push through the therapy, beat down the impending nausea, and force myself do keep doing the other things that make me happy (hopefully soon those will entail a combination of sleeping, doing therapy, spending time with family and friends, and more sleeping).

Here's to a very happy new year to you all, and I hope your resolutions aren't quite as difficult as mine... because I like to be the best at everything... well I at least hope your resolutions are successful and you don't have to repeat them next year. The best at everything joke was probably missed by you if you haven't figured out that I also like to be sarcastic.

Happy New Year's Resolutions! Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. I dig the sarcasm. It makes me laugh. Good luck Matt! I'm rooting for you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps: still a little butt-hurt about my tat not being somewhere on here. *lip rolled out* *scrunched eyebrows*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can insert more pictures of it so it shows up in the slideshow more often if you'd like... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any of our new year's resolutions pale in comparison to yours! Here's to you, Matt! :-)

    ReplyDelete